Welcome to my ramblings...


Come with me as I travel through the real places of my life and into the steep, switch-back roads of the imagination. Join me. You'll be good company and your thoughts are welcome.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow Melt


Against the wind, my face burns
and my silk socks are insufficient
for the chill of my rubber boots.
The gravel road is a gushing river now
and the uphill climb on shiny slabs
of sun-slick ice and pits of slush
is treacherous in a new way.
The blizzard blew down trees
and the power outage was long
but in the dark on a gas stove
lit by matches he boiled
frozen lobster tails from the ocean
and we dined by the fireplace
in candle light. My lips crack
as I smile, remembering...
It's hard to break open lobster
wearing gloves.
 
© 2013 Diana Renfro

No comments:

Post a Comment