Welcome to my ramblings...


Come with me as I travel through the real places of my life and into the steep, switch-back roads of the imagination. Join me. You'll be good company and your thoughts are welcome.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Together


Our lives have grown together,
like old wisteria vines
interweaving sunward
through an ancient bristling pine.

Spring arrayed in purple bloom,
a weighty downward pull
tender in the fragrant breeze
untamed, free-formed and full.

Tendrils thrusting into summer
twisting forward, dangling free,
irretrievably entangling
these two vines around one tree.

A canopy of mellow green
soon blocks the autumn sun
as surging upward from below
a vibrant new growth runs.

And thus a tethered living rope
prepares for winter wind
one tenacious, knotted helix
against the storms that rend.

Upward growing to the light
till saws of time shall come
to sever roots that bind to earth
and free our spirits home.
©2012 Diana Renfro






No comments:

Post a Comment